Environment And Social Responsibility Policy
Our Environment Policy
Environment is at the forefront of the hospitality industry and we embrace our responsibility for leadership. Clayton Hotel Chiswick first attained the Green Tourism accreditation in 2017, which is considered one of the most thorough certification programmes of its kind. The hotel was awarded a Bronze Green Tourism Award, and in 2019, we received Silver accreditation.
Changes have been made within the property to decrease the impact on the environment. We aim to decrease our consumption of electricity, fossil fuel, waste and water year on year.
The hotel has put in place an Environmental and Social Responsibility policy:
- We continuously monitor our energy and water consumption and aim to reduce our carbon footprint.
- We raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees in environmentally sound business practices.
- We endeavor to ensure all our products are ethically sourced using local suppliers.
- We have put measures in place to reduce our pollution, waste, and emissions.
- We have joined the Green Tourism Business Scheme as an indicator of our environmentally friendlier practices.
- We have minimised our risks associated with social and environmental issues.
- We comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice
- We encourage our guests to get involved. Please ask at Reception for suggestions on what you can do to be a Greener Visitor.
We are committed to finding new and innovative ways of integrating environmental practices and principles into our core business strategy.
Dalata Hotel Group, parent company to Clayton Hotels, is working to be plastic-free. We have already kick-started the process by replacing plastic straws with compostable versions, removed plastic water bottles and plastic stirrers. The hotel has also stopped all production on Branded plastic pens, which used to be left in all rooms.
Discover more about Clayton Hotels environmental activities.
Our Social Impact
We are delighted to be partnered with the charity, GOSH Children’s Charity. Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity supports the hospital and its young patients by raising funds for four key areas: rebuilding and refurbishing the hospital, offering support to families and children in the hospital, supporting research into children’s health and investing in life-saving medical equipment.
To date, we have raised over £10,000 for the grate charity through staff initiatives and fundraisers. We hope to raise even more in the coming years.
Click Here to learn more about Dalata Hotel Group social impact.