Hotel near Selfridges
Voted the best department store in the world 2018, Selfridges has all the latest designer collections, must-have toys & gifts for all the family.
Voted the best department store in the world 2018 (having previously won the prestigious accolade in 2010, 2012, and 2014), Selfridges has all the latest designer collections, must-have toys & gifts for all the family. The flagship store on London’s Oxford Street is the second largest shop in the UK (after Harrods) and opened on 15 March 1909.
Directions from Clayton Hotel Chiswick to Selfridges:
- Drive via A40 for 39 minutes
- Walk a couple of minutes outside the hotel to Gunnersbury Station and get on the Overground towards Stratford. Get off at West Hampstead Station and get on the Jubilee line towards Stratford.
- Get off at Bond Street Station and walk 3 minutes down Oxford Street to Selfridges.
Hotel near Liberty
Liberty is a department store on Regent Street, based in the West End shopping district of the city.
The department store sells a wide range of luxury goods including women’s, men’s and children’s fashion, cosmetics and fragrances, jewellery, accessories, homeware, furniture, stationery and gifts.
Liberty Graphic Prints
Liberty is well-known for its floral and graphic prints. The third floor’s central atrium is home to the Liberty Haberdashery department, dedicated to the Liberty Art Fabrics collection, which introduces new designs and updated prints each season.
Directions from Clayton Hotel Chiswick to Liberty
- Driving: drive for 40 minutes via A4 and A4202
- Public Transport: walk a couple of minutes outside the hotel to Gunnersbury Station and get on the District Line towards Upminster. Get off at Victoria Station and take the Victoria Line towards Walthamstow Central. Get off at Oxford Circus and walk 3 minutes down Regent Street and turn left onto Marlborough Street.
Hotel near Portobello Market
Pay a visit to one of the best markets in London and you’ll discover something interesting to take home with you from fashionable items, quirky accessories to second-hand famous labels and unique London souvenirs. Portobello Market is renowned as the largest antiques market in the world.
The main market days are Friday and Saturday, although a smaller market takes place from Monday to Thursday. On weekdays, you will find locals selling fresh fruit and vegetables. Second-hand goods are included on Friday but Saturday is the busiest market day when all the antiques market stalls are there and the bargain hunters arrive.
Clothing Stalls – There are also some great clothing stalls to find along the way. Nearly a kilometre long, this bustling West London market offers an endless variety of merchandise – dive in and you’re sure to find a unique souvenir.
Directions from Clayton Hotel Chiswick to Portobello Market
- Driving: drive for 27 minutes via A402 and onto Ladbroke Grove.
- Public Transport: walk a couple of minutes outside the hotel to Gunnersbury Station and take the District Line towards Upminster. Get off at Hammersmith Station and take the Hammersmith & City Line towards Barking. Get off at Ladbroke Grove Station. Walk out onto Ladbroke Grove and turn left onto Lancaster Road. Turn right onto Portobello Road and Portobello Market will be down that road.
Hotel near Chiswick Highroad
Voted one of Britain’s top five high streets in 2015, there’s a shop to interest everyone on Chiswick High Road, just a stroll away from Clayton Hotel Chiswick. From well-known names, such as Sweaty Betty, Whistles and Waterstones, to more independent stores such as Celeste & Rose, Polomo and Sugarhill Boutique.
More of a foodie?
If you’re more of a foodie and less interested in fashion, Chiswick is also the perfect place for food shopping. There are two butchers to choose from within walking distance of each other. Along the high road is Wyndham House, and further down you’ll find Macken Brothers. Chiswick also holds some of the top bakeries in London, including the Bayley and Sage Deli. If you need some wine to go with your bread and meat, there’s Lea & Sandman, which can sell you less common labels. There’s also the Covent Garden Fishmongers if you fancy seafood.
Directions from Clayton Hotel Chiswick
- Chiswick definitely deserves a wander while you’re at the Clayton Hotel Chiswick.
- Turn left onto Chiswick High Road just outside the hotel and walk straight down, and you may find something to take home with you.